Upgrade OpenSolaris SCXE Installation to new Nevada Build


After copy /b image1 + image2 + image3 image.iso on the
windows platform I created a full ISO image of the DVD on my new
external 500 GB USB2 Drive.
After booting the laptop to my last installed Build and connecting the USB-Drive, I mounted the iso image for direkt access.

lofiadm -a /absolute/path/to/iso-image
mount -F hsfs /dev/lofi/1 /mnt

After mounting I started the upgrade via the valueable live upgrade.
Installaing the live-upgrade packages in the actual running instance, the
live upgrade was started:

luupgrade -n SNV_NEW -s /mnt

after some time of running an

luactive SNV_NEW

switched to the new boot-environment.

umount /mnt
lofiadm -d /dev/lofi/1

cleanup of the iso-mount and successful boot the new
environment was the result.