Home-PC upgraded to OpenSolaris Build 109

Today I started to try the upgrade of my home pc. An old PC with Pentium 4 CPU with
3.06 GHz and 512 MB RAM.

The GUI is a SIS Xabre card:

pci bus 0x0001 cardnum 0x00 function 0x00: vendor 0x1039 device 0x0330
Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] 330 [Xabre] PCI/AGP VGA Display Adapter
Somwhere from Build 93, I couldn't update because of regular problems on accessing
the hard disk. Upgrade went fine, but after reboot the system was not able to
access the hard disk.

Today I attempte to upgrade to the last Build 109 on dev.

pkg set-authority -P -O http://pkg.opensolaris.org/dev opensolaris.org.dev

to set the default on the development branch.

After this the update took some long time, because of the small memory footprint.

But after this, the reboot was ok and I could boot to build 109.

The network connection was done with the interated Ethernet controller:

pci bus 0x0000 cardnum 0x04 function 0x00: vendor 0x1039 device 0x0900 Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] SiS900 PCI Fast Ethernet
Therefore I had to use the sfe-Package from http://homepage2.nifty.com/mrym3/taiyodo/eng/.

The nwam also did the automatic connection. But to my surprise the WLAN-USB
stick which is an D-Link G122 ( as it looks on the webpages ) is now also recognized
by the system.

Disconnecting the Ethernet-LAN cable switched over to the USB WLAN.

Because of problems getting the intel driver on the Notebook to run with WPA,
I have changed to WEP.
After selecting the WLAN in nwam and logging in:

I got the connection to my AP and can log into the Internet via WLAN :-)

The D-Link uses the rum driver, which worked out of the box for me.

Also with the 512 MB memory, Surfing does not seem very slow.