Mantis 1.2.1 running on Solaris with coolstack and Authentication on Scalix Mail-Server

I worked on the installation of mantis 1.2.1. This is a bugtracking software
in PHP and using a database to store the bugs. In my case this is mysql.

I'm running on a SPARC Solaris 10 box with the software from coolstack.

This are precompiled packages of MySQL, Apache, PHP.

I configured mantis to Authentication during sending e-mails.

Therefore I had to activate tls in the config
/**                                 
 * This control the connection mode to SMTP server. Can be 'ssl' or 'tls'
 * @global string $g_smtp_connection_mode
 */                             
 $g_smtp_connection_mode = 'tls';
and set the g_smtp_username and g_smtp_password to a valid login.

But this still fails.
Mantis has already a prepackaged PHPMailer, but after adding some logging
information, I found, that php must be configured to used openssl.

Therefore /opt/coolstack/php5/lib/php.ini has to be edited to activate openssl
for the tls encryption:

extension=openssl.so
After this, the apache has also to be restarted with


svcadm restart svc:/network/http:apache22-csk

and e-mail sending from mantis works.