Sep 16, 2010

Upgraded to OpenIndiana 147 from OpenSolaris Build 134

Now I upgraded from OpenSolaris Build 134 to OpenIndiana Build 147.

Because just testing in VirtualBox fails. The ISO boots and I can install the
system, but during the startup from disk, the kernel likes to update the
microcode and fails.

The upgrade works as usual see the Wiki for more information.

I had the same problem as describe in the wiki with the download of
thunderbird.

Just uninstalled thunderbird and added the strange hostname
 ~0~pkg-origin.openindiana.org with an IP from nslookup to my local hosts files.

After this the upgrade worked with some repetitions because of Error 503 Service unavailble.

After restarting, I didn't get my german keyboard layout.

After searching, I rememberd the fact, that Build 145 changed the keyboard
to be a SMF service.
See the BugIusse @ Illumos

# svccfg
svc:> select keymap:default
svc:/system/keymap:default> setprop keymap/layout = German
svc:/system/keymap:default> refresh
svc:/system/keymap:default> exit