hibernate/suspend with Fedora Linux 17 on a FUJITSU SIEMENS CELSIUS H270/Z118M4A

How to suspend the Fujitsu H270 notebook?

  • I have to disable the external monitor with the nvidia settings ( the free driver doesn't support the external monitor). 
  • I have to disable the network configuration with the network manager
  • I have to release the laptop from the docking station

After this I can suspend the laptop and it is possible to wake up outside the office.


But this weekend I had another problem again. The battery had not that much
power to keep the system in suspend mode available.

After rebooting, I found an option in systemctl - command.

sudo systemctl hibernate

This puts the system to the disk. After poweron, it seems as if a reboot occures,
but the stored system is reloaded and fast available.
And this will not drain the battery.