How to convert a PST-File of Outlook to mbox Format? -> libpst is your friend?

I got a pst file from an outlook-client, but I'm using thunderbird on linux.
Now I had to convert somehow the pst file to a mbox-Format, which can be
used by thunderbird.


After some searching a found this site, which revered me to libpst.

But this page is not available anymore, so Google referd me to http://www.five-ten-sg.com/libpst/packages/.

After downloading, doing some yum install's on my Fedora to get the
dependencies, I could compile and install libpst.

After this just a simple:

bin/readpst -o /output_dir -u /outlook.pst
Opening PST file and indexes...
Processing Folder "Gelöschte Elemente"
Processing Folder "Bugreports"
        "Outlook-Datendatei" - 2 items done, 0 items skipped.
        "Gelöschte Elemente" - 3 items done, 0 items skipped.
        "Bugreports" - 700 items done, 0 items skipped.

extracted the emails from the pst.

By the help of the ImportExportTools-AddOn of thunderbird I could
import the resulting mbox-File and read the mails froom the pst file.